Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thrown for a Luper

I recently received intense medical diagnosis.   I think that I'm handling it well . . . that I have perspective.  I am engaged in a daily conversation with my body about what I need from it and how best I can serve it . . . but nonetheless . . . I was not prepared to be 'thrown for a luper."   I call it Luper because it is the combination of the auto-immune disease and the disease treated by my oncologist - these diseases have caused my body to become a very violent place.   These 2 diseases are so very different and yet so similar . . . most importantly these are both diseases that are life altering but not life-stealing. 

I think that what you speak - accept, embrace, call - comes to existence . . . so I am choosing to name the combination of disease but not necessarily call them individually by name . . .  I will not give them providence, power or domain.  

My illnesses began a year ago . . . in that year I have suffered unceasingly both physically and mentally.  The actual diagnosis of this issue however, is my means to HEALTH.   This diagnonis is what I needed to get the medical treatment I needed to become the strong healthy person I deserve to be . . . so this is my Season of Health . ..  healthful mind  - healthful body.

I invite you all to follow me on my journey.  Some days will simply be me logging all the craziness that occurs in my oh, so violent body . . . some days will be how I handle the stress . . . some days will be medical updates . . . some days will be spouting about the ills of the world . . . but rest assured this blog will be about The Luper.

No comments:

Post a Comment